Friday 4 September 2009

IT JUST AINT HAPPENING

Well what a couple of weeks of hot weather we are NOT having.I took a weeks hols up north for a family visit hoping for some nice weather , not a chance ,rain , rain and more rain.Well at least it was good to catch up after a few years to many.

Well it was my time to repay a favour when i got back and had to take a freind out who had done me a few good favours helping with a flat i had to do up.I had borrowed him one of my spare rifles as his rabbit stopper was not upto the job in my eyes and took him to the local patch where i was sure he would get a few.

On the first walk round we split up and had a go sniping,we waited for a good hour but nothing showed for him,i took 2 with the rapid.
The wind had picked up now and so decided for a slow walk round,splitting up again we took each side of a good field to walk round.I managed to take a good shot between some nettles for a healthy buck.When we met up me mate had 3 shots but unfortunately missed them,he is a novice so he had his excuses.

Walking around the next fields together we managed to spot a few but the wind was proving a little to much for me mate and a few more misses was the result.On the way back to the motor as the light was fading we spotted one out in the paddock 30 yards away, resting on a post gareth took the shot and how lucky he was to be in a sheltered spot,he nailed it stone dead.
Chuffed was an understatement, i was glad for him to finaly get one and the smile on his face said it all.

One last thing that made me think plumbers cant count was ,we spotted a half grown about 20 yards away ,no chance of a miss here i thought.Gareth took the shot it just stood there looking at him laffin.I picked the rapid up to take a shot and it ran off before i could get it .When we got back to the car after a little banter he had realised that he had took ten shots and the mag had been empty on the half grown shot.What a plonker rodney.

RODNEY TAKING A POSE

Well apart from a misserable day out with the shotty with me old man the weather has not calmed down to do some real damage,maybee this weekend might be better .Wee will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment